Monday, September 19, 2011

Oven-Baked Baby Back Ribs


Look at those juicy ribs, just look at them! They were made inside of my oven and believe me, the meat slipped right off the bone without any trouble at all. Yum.

Let me first say that, yeah sure I would have loved to have smoked the ribs instead, but I live in a bee hive with 299 other apartment units, so I don't get the luxury of using a smoker. But by no means am I complaining. I love this recipe.

I love that I can pop it in the oven and play with Patti and Costello for two hours.

I love that the whole apartment smells divine.

I love the ribs are perfectly moist and tender.

I just love this recipe.

Anyway, my boyfriend and I were almost able to eat a whole slab of ribs by ourselves, but for the typical human being with the sense to stop eating after shortness of breath and near-inability to stand up by him or herself, then this meal ought to feed 4 with a side or maybe 2.

Ingredients for 4
  • 2.5-pound rack of pork ribs
  • 1 tablespoon garlic powder
  • 1 tablespoon salt
  • 1 tablespoon pepper
  • ½ teaspoon cayenne
  • ¼ teaspoon cumin
  • ¼ teaspoon chili powder
  • 1 to 2 cups barbeque sauce

Preheat oven to 300 degrees.

In a small bowl, combine the spices.

Tear enough foil to double over the ribs.  Set the rack of ribs, bone-side down, onto the foil and rub the spices over the top. Fold over the foil and seal the edges tightly. Set the ribs on a baking sheet and bake for 2 hours, undisturbed.

Unwrap the ribs and baste with barbeque sauce. Loosely cover the ribs and bake for another 20 minutes.

Allow the ribs to cool for 5 minutes before cutting in.

I served the ribs with some creamy potato salad and plain 'ole wheat bread. 

No comments:

Post a Comment