Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Herbed Turkey Burger

Yes ladies and gentlemen, that is a small pile of Sun Chips sitting next to that mountainous burger. That's just how I roll sometimes. 
My boyfriend and I try to have a burger a week, and last week, I made this juicy burger, full of fresh herbs. I was a bit skeptical about the herbs standing out, but

I had planned on serving this burger with fries, but while I was forming the giant patties, I reconsidered the side dish. I opted for something lighter. 

Ingredients for 2
  • 1/2  pound ground turkey
  • 2 garlic cloves, minced
  • 1/4 white onion, diced
  • 1 serrano, minced
  • 2 tablespoons breadcrumbs
  • 2 sprigs rosemary, chopped
  • 1/4 cup parsley, chopped
  • 2 sprigs thyme, leaves removed
  • Salt and pepper
  • 2 tablespoons olive oil
Toppings
  • 2 burger buns
  • Provolone slices
  • Tomato slices
  • Lettuce leaves
  • Mayo
In a pan on medium heat, add the olive oil. Then add the garlic, onions, and pepper. Cook until aromatic. Set aside to cool. 

In a large bowl, mix the remaining ingredients with the onion mixture. Form into 2 equal patties, cover, and refrigerate for at least an hour.

Allow the patties to sit at room temperature for 5 minutes before cooking. 

Heat a grill pan on medium-high heat, and cook for 5 to 7 minutes on each side. Top with cheese during the last minute of cooking. 

Top burgers as desired and serve immediately. 

No comments:

Post a Comment