Saturday, July 9, 2011

Creamy Lemon Sauce with Chicken, Tomatoes and Pasta



So I made a forgotten, yet old favorite recipe a few days ago, and I immediately regretted going almost an entire year without it.

I remember seeing this recipe on Confections of a Foodie Bride, and I just knew it had to be made in my kitchen. I whipped up this super easy (and cheap) meal probably half a dozen times last summer, and I loved every single bite. 

This time around, my boyfriend and I wanted to change a few things. I added tomatoes and reduced the amount of milk, and when I got to the bottom of the bowl, I was simply heartbroken. I wanted more! Next time, I'll add another quarter pound of pasta to soak up the creamy lemony-ness. Yum.


Ingredients for 2

  • 1 chicken breast
  • 1 tbsp olive oil
  • 1/4 cup chicken stock
  • 2 tablespoons butter
  • 3 garlic cloves, minced
  • 1/4  pound angel hair (or whatever you have hand)
  • 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved 
  • 1/2  cup heavy cream
  • 1/4 cup milk
  • 1 lemon, juiced and zested
  • 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
  • Salt and pepper
  • 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped

Cook the spaghetti according to the directions, set aside.

Meanwhile, heat the oil in a pan (with a lid) over medium heat. Season both sides of the chicken. Cook for 2 minutes on one side, flip and cook for another 2 minutes, then add the chicken stock and cover. Cook for another 4 minutes. Remove and allow to rest.

Using the same pan, pour out any remaining liquid, but keep any brown or burnt bits on the pan. Add butter and cook on medium heat. Add the garlic and tomatoes and cook until fragrant.

In a small bowl, combine the lemon zest, lemon juice, heavy cream, and milk. Add that to the garlic and butter. Stir for a few minutes then add the parmesan cheese. Allow for the sauce to thicken, about 3 minutes.

Cut the chicken breast into strips.

Remove from sauce from heat and add chicken, pasta, and parsley.

Serve immediately. 

No comments:

Post a Comment