Monday, June 13, 2011

Spicy Pork Sliders


I am proud to say that this is a Momma Bird original recipe. I've made pork sliders a dozen times, but they've never had a chance to be publicized, probably because my boyfriend and I have always managed to inhale all of them the second they were plated. Here is finally their chance to be in the spotlight. 

I have often fantasized about opening a trailer and serving these tasty little bad boys for $2 a slider... but I'm going to have to keep dreamin'. Maybe one day. 

This is simply a great burger. It's juicy and refreshing with lots of fresh ingredients. It's got great flavor and texture, and it's perfect for summertime. I made these on a grill-pan, but you could or course throw 'em on a real grill. And top them however you like. My boyfriend likes jalapenos on top, but I prefer them sans jalapenos. 


I've also tried this recipe with turkey and although it wasn't as good, but it was still pretty darn delicious. Never tried it with beef, but I'm sure it would still be tasty. 

Ingredients for 6 sliders

  • 1/2 pound ground pork
  • 1/2 green bell pepper, diced
  • 2 Serrano peppers, diced
  • 1/4 white onion, diced
  • 2 garlic cloves, minced
  • 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
  • Salt and pepper
  • 3 tablespoons breadcrumbs
  • 1 egg

Topping

  • Pepper jack cheese slices
  • Avocado slices
  • Red onion slices
  • Jalapenos
  • Mayonnaise

In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients together. Mix well and form into 6 patties. Season both sides with salt and pepper. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. 


Preheat oven to 375 degrees.

Heat a lightly greased grill-pan on medium-high heat. Sear each side, about 3 minutes per side. Top with cheese and transfer to the oven for 4 minutes. 


Serve immediately on a soft bun. 

No comments:

Post a Comment