Saturday, December 31, 2011

2012, Here I Go


Those are my cupcakes. My mini vegan cupcakes on display at a friend's beautiful wedding. 

My biggest wish for this new year is to have my cupcakes on display everywhere.


A lofty wish, I know, but I think it's worth pursuing. Patticake Bakery, a vegan cupcakery, it kind of rolls off the tongue, right?

Well, whether it does or not, I'm going for it.

And what does that mean for me? My boyfriend? My puppies? My stable, full-time job? My bank account? And my blog?

Well it means change

It means less sleep for me. It means less movie nights with my boyfriend. It means less walks through the church parking lot with Patti and Costello. It means less time pretending I'm a dinosaur frozen in a swamp with my students. It means less money spent toward paying off $31,246-worth of college loans. It means less chances to take pictures of meals and posting them here. 

But it probably means more cupcake recipes. 

And I can live with that. 

I truly hope the new year brings worthwhile changes to your life. 

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! That's super exciting news! Keep me posted on the process, please. I will definitely be getting a dozen or two from your...shopfront? Food trailer? Home catering business?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lauren! Ah! I haven't seen you in well, too long! :( Are you still in Austin!? At the PCL? I will e-mail you soon!

    ReplyDelete